If you are at all interested ring Chris (082 442 9937), visit him at the Cycling & Fitness Studio in Green Street or join us at the Cruise Cafe after the Wednesday Club Ride.
Coaches Corner Cycling Club supports all the local SWD races with many podium finishers, especially in the Juniors section as we have had some really superb juniors! With Chris himself, we have had seven club members (nine disciplines) who have been selected to represent South Africa in their age group / discipline categories. They all trained regularly at the Studio or remotely. Their achievements bear testimony to their hard work and talent plus Chris’ coaching at the studio and ‘out on the bike’.
Although we have a number of elite riders we have all standards (and ages) of riders in the Club. Group rides are often separated to allow riders to go at their own pace.
As a general rule:
- Weekend summer rides start at 07h00
- Weekend winter rides start at 08h00
- The Saturday rides are for MTB’s and we often start and finish at the Cruise Cafe. Depending on numbers, the long Saturday rides (usually 3-5 hours / medium pace / 50kms+) may be split into two groups – a faster group and a more relaxed group
- The Sunday rides are for the Roadies (usually 3-5 hours / medium pace / 80kms+)
- The Wednesday afternoon Club Ride now starts at 15h00 from the Cruise Cafe Waterfront Drive and finishes on the Cruise Cafe veranda overlooking the Lagoon at 17h00
- Other ad hoc rides are arranged most days between riders
But please … do check by ringing Chris (082 442 9937) if you would like to join us.
As we are a formally constituted club, we would like to encourage our members to wear their “the KNYSNA GREEN TEAM” colours when riding at organised events such as competitions or inter-club rides. It would also be preferable to wear club colours on the larger weekend and Wednesday Club rides.
The Club has a newsletter, the GTNews, which is emailed to all club members.